Why you wanna make it:
- low cal
- low carb
- high protein
- tastes amazing
- not packed with chocolate chips and sh*t just so you can stomach the brewers yeast, amiright Mumma’s?!
For non-breastfeeding benefits, omit the brewers yeast from the recipe!
- 500g (2.5-3 cups) roasted butternut squash
- 100g banana (1 medium banana) 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp nut butter (I used @justins Maple Almond butter)
- 1/2 cup @quaker Oats
- 2 tbsp @nowfoodsofficial brewers yeast
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 30g (2 tbsp) of @pb2foods Peanut butter
- 2 scoops @vitalproteins collagen peptides
- 3-4 heaping tbsp of stevia (add more or less if you desire a more savoury or sweet bread)
- Dash of salt, cinnamon, ground cardamon
- Peel and cube 2 small butternut squash.
- On non-stick roasting pan, roast in the oven at 350 for 50 minutes (or until you can smush them with a fork).
- In a large bowl, mash the butternut squash and banana together.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract.
- In a blender, blend the oatmeal, brewers yeast, PB2, collagen, stevia and spices for a few seconds to combine and create a flour-like consistency.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk until a ‘batter like’ consistency.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.